A Most Compendious Introduction
Compendious thunks are short screencasts. This is the intro. It might shock at first, but it’ll wind up delighting. Promise!
- Glorious HD
- 5 minutes or less
- Simple animations to illustrate patterns and practices
- Complete transcripts
- Coding examples to see concepts put into action
- New thunks roughly twice weekly
- Topics are first explored in the blog
- Watch as the most compendious, thunkiest approaches are found
- More in-depth treatments for topics too large for a screencast
- Daily research notes when in research mode
The Compendious Thunks Advantage
You’re a solid coder. You've produced some great apps. But you've begun to suspect that there's a better path to great code than learning yet another framework.
Compendious Thunks are short animations and coding screencasts built with just the right balance of information and accessible presentation. Patterns are living, active things — your learning should be as well!
Time is precious
At 5 minutes a pop, you get clear, concise (compendious) HD screencasts. Because you have a life outside of work (or would like to).
Strengthen your ability to understand complexity, and to bring sanity in its place. Make yourself more valuable with a deep understanding of patterns and practices that are more relevant today than when they were first identified.
Frustrated with sample code written for ancient windowing libraries or examples that are too simplistic to apply in real life? Let's build knowledge in familiar grounds.